Night Changes

July 08, 2017


Night Changes is the title of this post and is dedicated to the big life changes that happened from one night to another, moving to Norway, and starting a new life.

What do you miss about Portugal?
Family, friends, gastronomy, weather and of course shopping.

What was the biggest challenge you had to go through?
The language was most definitely the biggest challenge.

How was it to get used to the weather in Norway?
It was ok, not that hard considering the snow and all that.

How is the language?
Norwegian is a hard language to learn because it's completely different from Portuguese, the way you build a sentence and so on. But I dedicated one year of school only to learn Norwegian, having Norwegian classes every weekday, so it became a little easier than I thought it would be.

How is the food?
As I live with my family we manage to do the normal food dishes we would do in Portugal, but obviously, there are things that we don't manage to do because we don't find those products for sale.
The Portuguese gastronomy is really one of the things I miss the most, eating those typical dishes, or the typical cakes and so on,

How is the shopping?
I live in Kristiansund which to me is a small town, so to me, the shopping areas are not that big, but if you, for example, go to Oslo you can find way more shops and malls and so on.

How is the pace of life? Is it different?
Besides the weather, I think the pace of life is one of the biggest differences when comparing Portugal and Norway, and that's one of the reasons that make me want to stay in Norway,
In Portugal is always this fast pace of life, people "running" in the streets always going somewhere in a hurry, cars honking at each other is one of the typical Portuguese sounds if you live in a town like the one I lived in.
In Norway is a slower pace of life, people live calmly, you hear almost never a car honking, it is definitely way more relaxing living in Norway.

Would you move back to Portugal now? Why?
No, I wouldn't move back to Portugal now. Because honestly, Norway is a better country to live in, everything about it makes me want to stay.

These questions were taken from my social media, if you have any questions, feel free to comment bellow or send me an email, if I get enough questions I'll do a Q&A post.

With Love, Andreia Coelho

You Might Also Like

0 comments